Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have abilities and customer service experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of emergency response, housekeeping, health and safety practices and be a contributing team player to the overall success of the Community. You are committed to upholding the V!VA Values and Culture. If making a difference in people’s lives is important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
A a Personal Support Worker at V!VA Thornhill Woods, you will be accountable to your schedule of full-time night shifts, (up to 30 hours per two weeks, including weekdays & weekends) and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts which are almost all housekeeping duties. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on cleanliness throughout the community for the enjoyment of our Community Members and guests. When needed, you will be part of the first response team for all emergency calls from our Community Members and provide them with a compassionate and supportive approach to their needs. You will report and document all findings both in the communication binder and to the Wellness Manager to ensure a seamless communication and support system. Ensure the appropriate methods of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information are carried out in your day to day tasks and communication. Working closely with the Wellness Manager to address, support and honor the needs of our current and prospective Community Members.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Community Members with various personal needs including assistance with dressing, light housekeeping, mobility, food service, bathing, laundry, etc.
- Distribution/dispensing of all required medications
- Laundering bed and bathroom linens for all suites; personal Community Member laundry as required
- Assisting Community and Team Members as required throughout the Community
- Adhere to the V!VA Service Culture Standards while bringing your own natural personality to the position
- Actively participate in all training offered pre and post opening and seek opportunities to continue growing and learning and finding ways to contribute to Making Today Great! every day for everyone
- Live the Orange Dot V!VA Values and drive excellence in customer service throughout the community
- Successfully completed the Personal Support Worker Program
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
- Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends of night shifts
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.