Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of coordinating activities for older adults, leading physical fitness programs and managing volunteers. If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a difference in people’s lives are important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As the Lifestyle Manager for a V!VA Community, you will mentor and manage both Team Members and volunteers. You will reach out to prospective Community Members, their families and local referral sources to coordinate the arrival of new Community Members, and provide guidance and services to meet their daily social and transportation needs. Reporting to the Community Director, you will be empowered to manage all aspects of the department and the related community resources and agencies who you will work with to ensure V!VA provides the best in overall care for its Community Members. You will make working and living at a V!VA Retirement Community an awesome experience by continually working to improve the customer service experience and developing an innovative working environment for Team Members.
- Initiate and promote activities both within and outside the community to stimulate and promote Community Member interest, communication and general well being
- Design and implement cultural, physical, intellectual, educational, spiritual, social, and special interest activities based on Community Members’ input
- Deliver the V!VAfit Program as designed by S.T.E.P.S
- Track Community Members’ activity participation and adjust calendar events accordingly
- Establish an active volunteer program that a) promotes Community Member philanthropic involvement and b) recruits and supervises volunteers to assist in the delivery and creation of diverse programs
- Stay abreast active aging and generational trends to enhance programming
- Recruit and select associates following V!VA’s hiring standards and tools
- Coordinate and supervise Program Assistant(s) and Driver(s) schedules and duties
- Transport and/or accompany Community Members to and from outside activities and appointments in community vehicle(s)
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance with the Maintenance Coordinator
- Develop monthly newsletter and activity calendar
- Manage monthly budget for activity supplies, entertainment, food, etc., and staffing as appropriate
- Assist Community Director in preparation and execution of the department’s annual budget
- Work with other Department Managers in planning and conducting orientation and in-service training
- Participate in and attend all in-service training and education programs as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience facilitating social and recreational programs in a retirement living or recreation setting; minimum 3 years management experience
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation Therapy, Activation or Health Care, with Gerontology background
- Personal Training Certification, Fitness Instructor Certification and/or Aqua Certification with previous experience planning and delivering programs, for older adults is an asset
- Volunteer management experience an asset
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of Internet resources
- Excellent social, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to connect and communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Reference Check
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record, an asset; preference will be given to candidates who have or are willing to pursue their class F license
- Self managed, well organized, enthusiastic leader with a positive attitude
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal reference check and medical clearance certificate.
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
V!VA Team Members interested in applying for this position: please contact Sonia Brock, Director of Human Resources, V!VA Retirement Communities and submit your application through our website.